Big Pelican Boat Cruise on Pelican Lake in Detroit Lakes, Minnesota
For business or social functions, your group will enjoy the scenic beauty of the Detroit Lakes area on a boat cruise of Pelican Lake at Fair Hills Resort. We have full food and beverage service on board, with many options to make your event unique. The Big Pelican also has a bathroom on board.
Private charter on Pelican Lake
Spring, summer or autumn on the lake, you're sure to enjoy the season on our Big Pelican Cruise Ship. We have a variety of appetizers and full service meals available. It's a great alternative for a summer brunch, corporate event or anything in between.
Perfect for weddings and grooms' dinners.
The Big Pelican has been a favorite of wedding parties for years. It's a great way to spend some time together with everyone in the family - kids and adults alike.
Boat Rental Rates
8 a.m. - 4 p.m.: $300 for the first hour, $175 for each additional hour
4 p.m. - dark: $350 for the first hour, $200 for each additional hour
These rates include the captain.
We have several different options for meals on the boat.
- Deli Spread: $12 per person - Choice of breads, meats, cheese and condiments, choice of salad and dessert
- Backyard Grill: $14 per person - Hamburgers, hotdogs, chicken breasts with buns, condiments, choice of salad and dessert
- Pasta Bar: $14 per person - Vegetable or meat lasagna, spaghetti noodles with choice of sauces, garlic toast, choice of salad and dessert
- Build-your-own-Fajitas: $16 per person - Shredded beef & chicken with all the fixings, tortillas and choice of dessert
- Steak & Chicken Dinner: $20 per person - Grilled steak & chicken, baked potato, choice of salad, vegetable and dessert
Water and coffee are included with all meals.
Meal prices for children ages 2-12 is half price.
Hors d'oevres are avaialble. Price range is $20 - $60 per tray. Each tray serves 25 people.
Please add 15% service charge and 6.875% Minnesota sales tax to all meal prices and hors d'oevres.
We have several options for bars on the boat. A bartender can be avaialble at your request ($15 per bartender per hour) or we can set-up your bar to be self-serve. Each cruise is specifically set-up for the individual groups. We have a full liquor license and will be able to accommodate all requests for your event.
Beer is $4, wine is $5 and mixed drinks range from $4 to $7
Boat Ride Only: 60 people
Cocktail Party: 50 people
Ride with Meal: 45 people
The "meter" is running on the boat from the time you reserve it to the time the boat is back at the Fair Hills dock. If you desire to be picked up at another location on the lake, you will be charged from the time the boat leaves Fair Hills to the time the boat gets back to Fair Hills.